These lists are not long or daunting…unless you never do them! Set a schedule to regularly take care of your home. Remember, for most of us, our home is our biggest asset.
- Make your bed
- Pick up dog waste
- Rake gravel
- Sweep front and back porches/patios
- Trim trees, bushes, and all foliage away from house (no touching)
- Clean out your gutters and remove debris from your roof
- Plant flowers or replace plants that have died
- Change air filter(s)
- Clean-out and organize medicine cabinets
- Clean-out and organize closets
- Replace burned out light bulbs
- Wash windows
- A/C unit service
- Roof inspection
- Seal your roof
- Duct cleaning
- Power wash exterior of your home
- Apply fresh paint whenever it is needed or desired for an updated look
- Ask yourself is there any need for home upgrades that your budget can allow?
Want this list to download in checklist form? Just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Need a referral for a handyman, roofer, HVAC contractor??? I’ve got them!
Taking good care of your home will always – even if you’re not planning to sell – benefit you on so many levels. Next week I’ll be posting 5 Immediate Benefits of a Home Maintenance Schedule. As always, I would love the opportunity to work for you or your referral. Please use me as a resource for any real estate-related questions or needs. 480.201.7466 email@example.com